10.24.2012

Texas Tech (in Manhattan)

Well, I was DEAD wrong about the West Virginia game (and damn glad I was). I don't know if I can doubt this team since it's lead by Collin Klein.

This Saturday is the biggest test remaining for the Wildcats for the 2012 season (save bowl game). Texas Tech comes in with one loss and ranked in the top 15. Their only loss was to Oklahoma in Lubbock 41-20. In that game, Texas Tech QB Seth Doege threw 3 interceptions and gave OU around 380 total yards, plus TT got a late TD to make the score seem more respectable.

Tech just played TCU to a 3 overtime game where they won 56-53. TCU (with their 2nd string QB) got a total of 516 yards! AND TCU turned the ball over 3 times!

K-State at home in the friendly confines of BSFS will get the "W" on Saturday. If Texas Tech pressures K-State to throw the ball on offense by putting "8 in the box", Klein will do just fine. Confidence is at the all time high for the Heisman leader. Against WVU he was 19-21. I realize that TT's defense is a whole lot stronger than WVU, but I don't believe they can totally shut down K-State's offense.

K-State's defense last week showed that they can defend a "throw-first" offense. I've heard that TT's offense isn't like the old "Air Raid" offense from Mike Leach. With Arthur Brown in the middle, I trust the D against the run (not to mention the pleasant surprise of the D-Line).

Prediction:

Texas Tech: 24
Kansas State: 45

No comments: