10.08.2012

KU & ISU

Well, I was really damn close at guessing the score of the KU game, right? Never thought KU would get a safety against K-State (that's usually reserved for K-State to do to KU).

Don't know what the problem was with the KSU defense against KU, but was damn glad they came out in the 2nd half and corrected mistakes. The first two drives for KU were worrysome and looked like Charlie Weiss had a good gameplan. But in the end it was the same-old-same-old.

I realize it was KU defense, but damn did the KSU offense look good. Untouched TD runs by Hubert and Klein. Nice TD pass to Baby Lockett. I sure would like to see Daniel Sams throw the ball in mop-up duty, but it sure is damn fun to watch him run!

Now it's onto ISU up in Ames. If the kids didn't have a butt-locker-load of soccer games this weekend, I sure as hell would be in the stands (just as I have been for the past few KSU/ISU games in Ames). Heck, might be a good thing I am NOT going since I have seen the last two there with KSU losses (2005 and 2007). 2005 game was just PAINFUL to watch (45-17 loss) and 2007 was pretty much a drunken mess (31-20 loss).

As with most K-State games, I start the week thinking one thing is going to happen, then completely switch as I think more and more about the game.

My Monday afternoon self thinks Iowa State has a good chance at an upset of the #6 Wildcats. They just beat TCU in Fort Worth (albeit TCU was w/o their starting drunk QB). But ISU's defense is pretty damn good.

As of now (and I can and probably will change) I say:

KSU: 24
ISU: 27

No comments: