11.14.2012

Well, I missed predicting the score for the TCU game, but I did feel K-State was going to win the game. Great effort by the defense, I have to say. Hope they repeat that performance against Baylor in waco Saturday night.

Unfortunately, K-State suffered a couple of injuries during the TCU game. Safety Ty Zimmerman is said to have injured his ankle and is out for the season. If so, it'll end a great season and his streak of playing in games since he was a redshirt freshman. He's been pretty solid all season and this injury hurts a bit. But not as much as Baby Lockett's injury.

He was SPECTACULAR in the return game all season and becoming Klein's favorite deep ball target. Here's to hoping he's only out one game (or heck, not out at all).

Now onto Baylor...

They have THE worst defense in the nation. Everyone and their mother has been scoring points on them and moving the ball all over the field. I have NO WORRIES that K-State will get their points; Hubert and Pease will have a huge game -- hoping for both over 100 yards. Limit Klein's running, but DO have him run a few times to keep the defense honest.

The big test is K-State's defense against Baylor's offense. I believe I heard they are the #2 defense in the nation. But then again, OSU's offense was #1 when K-State played them and the Catds did fairly well. K-State has to limit the big pass plays (something I would feel more comfortable with if Zimm was in there).

I don't see a let down from this senior-led team (Klein and A. Brown will have no part of that).

It might be an interesting game if Baylor stays in there for the first half, but I see the Cats getting out to a 24-10 halftime lead, then winning the game 45-21.

GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: